Heliophysics research and exploration aims to explore the Sun-Earth system to understand the Sun and its effects on Earth, the solar system, and the space environmental conditions that will be experienced by explorers, and to demonstrate technologies that can improve future operational systems.
- 2010 Senior Review of the Mission Operations and Data Analysis Program for the Heliophysics Operating Missions
- 2008 Senior Review of the Mission Operations and Data Analysis Program for the Heliophysics Operating Missions
- 2005 Senior Review of Sun-Solar-System Connection Missions Operations and Data Analysis Program
- 2003 Senior Review of the Sun-Earth Connection Mission Operations and Data Analysis Program
- 2001 Senior Review of the Sun-Earth Connection Mission Operations and Data Analysis Program
- 1997 Senior Review of the Sun-Earth Connection Mission Operations and Data Analysis Program
*Sort missions by clicking the column headers.
ICON is a single spacecraft mission dedicated to understanding neutral-ion coupling in the Earth’s upper atmosphere (thermosphere). It will resolve both long-standing and newly emerging questions about the mechanisms that control the daily development of plasma in Earth’s space environment.
|20171001 October 2017||2Development|
Solar Orbiter is a European Space Agency (ESA) mission to study the Sun from a distance closer than any spacecraft previously has, and will provide images and measurements in unprecedented resolution and detail. This mission is part of SMD's LWS ...
|20181017 October 2018||2Development|
Solar Probe Plus
Solar Probe Plus will be a historic mission, flying into one of the last unexplored regions of the solar system, the Sun’s atmosphere or corona, for the first time. This mission is part of SMD's LWS Program.
|20180708 July 2018||2Development|
Space Environment Testbeds
The Space Environment Testbeds (SET) Project performs flight and ground investigations to understand how the Sun/Earth interactions affect humanity.
|20160601 June 2016||2Development|